Re: Practicality of trailersailing SJ23 vs SJ21

sad2390@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> All opinions are welcome.  In my search for the perfect trailerable, the San
> Juan boats seem to give the most for the money.  My dilemma, if you will, is
> which boat is realistically trailerable.  Most 23 owners seem to keep their boat
> in the water for the season, or are there trailer sailors among you?  The 21
> looks like a real snap to launch/retrieve, however, the cabin looks as though
> there is no sitting headroom, anyone with experience on this?  Thanks, Walter

Some friends of mine used to own a SJ21 and lived on it for a weekend at a time.
They were also a lot younger then and in love! The only complaint they had was being
cooped up during the rain.  To deal with the condensation they lined the cabin with
this fuzzy fabric that was also mildew proof. It is very maneuverable and it sails
like a big dinghy. They also raced it the odd time.

--
Best Regards