Re: Practicality of trailersailing SJ23 vs SJ21

Quoting Bob Schimmel <bschimme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> sad2390@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > All opinions are welcome.  In my search for the perfect trailerable,
> the San
> > Juan boats seem to give the most for the money.  My dilemma, if you
> will, is
> > which boat is realistically trailerable.  Most 23 owners seem to keep
> their boat
> > in the water for the season, or are there trailer sailors among you?
> The 21
> > looks like a real snap to launch/retrieve, however, the cabin looks as
> though
> > there is no sitting headroom, anyone with experience on this?  Thanks,
> Walter
> >
> > Archives:  http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> > San Juan 23 Internet Fleet:
> > San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> > mailing list commands:
> mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help
>
> Some friends of mine used to own a SJ21 and lived on it for a weekend at
> a time.
> They were also a lot younger then and in love! The only complaint they
> had was being
> cooped up during the rain.  To deal with the condensation they lined the
> cabin with
> this fuzzy fabric that was also mildew proof. It is very maneuverable
> and it sails
> like a big dinghy. They also raced it the odd time.
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Bob Schimmel

> San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> mailing list commands:
> mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help

Thanks for the input, Bob.  Can the 23 be trailered readily?  It really is a
good looking little ship, and I will be checking one out in North Carolina. I'm
located in Northern New Jersey.  How large is the cockpit? We're a family of
four, two teenagers, my wife and me.  Is that relatively comfortable for the
cockpit?  I think the cabin is sufficient.  I know it's all a compromise as I've
sailed a 24 footer (full keel) sloop back in the seventies. Thanks again for
your help.  Walter