Re: Practicality of trailersailing SJ23 vs SJ21

Quoting Chuck vanDe Wetering <wwp62@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Walter,
>
> I love my San Juan because it is a great cruising boat. Lots of room for
> couple and two kids or two couples as long as the fairly open
> porta-potti
> doesn't bother you. I prefer to put ours out in the cockpit at night
> when
> cruising with another couple or teenage kids. It seems to have been
> built as
> a trailerable version of the San Juan 24 which has a fixed keel.
>
> But the San Juan 21 is a better boat for trailering and the class has
> races
> all over the US. If you are single or a couple without kids and want to
> Lake
> sail and/or race I would get the SJ21. I have never sailed one but am
> sure
> they are as well designed and built as the 23.
> -
> Chuck and Barbara Vande Wetering
> PO Box 2205
> Friday Harbor, WA 98250
> wwp62@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 360-378-3194
> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493

Chuck, I appreciate your candor.  From what I've gotten so far I'll have to come
to grips about the type of sailing I'll be doing.  The people on this site are
great!  It sounds like four people in the cockpit is comfortable enough for a
cruise, therefore should not be a problem daysailing.  Thanks again, Walter