Re: Practicality of trailersailing SJ23 vs SJ21

I have gone from 14' runabout, to 16' runabout to 20
foot sailboat, to 22' westerly twin keel.  The reality
is trailor sailing is a pain in the ass, haul,
prep/launch/reverse.  That is why sailboats stay in
the water---grab some beer--some gas--head to the boat
and you are off. If you are on a trailor you Will not
go out for a evening, afternoon, stuff like that.  In
the long term, you will likely be happier with a
bigger (not a huge) boat, dock/moor someplace.  How
many places do you really have to go? Bigger boats are
more comfortable, and safer.  Do you want a daysailor
and a tent?, Be carefull as you will likely want a
dock/mooring/mast up storage phalenbeck@xxxxxxxxx
-

> > > All opinions are welcome.  In my search for the
> perfect trailerable,
> > the San
> > > Juan boats seem to give the most for the money.
> My dilemma, if you
> > will, is
> > > which boat is realistically trailerable.  Most
> 23 owners seem to keep
> > their boat
> > > in the water for the season, or are there
> trailer sailors among you?
> > The 21
> > > looks like a real snap to launch/retrieve,
> however, the cabin looks as
> > though
> > > there is no sitting headroom, anyone with
> experience on this?  Thanks,
> > Walter
> >
> > Some friends of mine used to own a SJ21 and lived
> on it for a weekend at
> > a time.
> >

> > Archives:
> http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> > San Juan 23 Internet Fleet:
> > http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493/
> > San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> > http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html
> > mailing list commands:
> > mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help
> >
> Thanks for the input, Bob.  Can the 23 be trailered
> readily?  It really is a
> good looking little ship, and I will be checking one
> out in North Carolina. I'm
> located in Northern New Jersey.  How large is the
> cockpit? We're a family of
> four, two teenagers, my wife and me.  Is that
> relatively comfortable for the
> cockpit?  I think the cabin is sufficient.  I know
> it's all a compromise as I've
> sailed a 24 footer (full keel) sloop back in the
> seventies. Thanks again for
> your help.  Walter
>
> Archives:
> http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> mailing list commands:
mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help

=====
Paul Rosebud Halenbeck                                      --30 Turner St suite 908                                    --Clearwater Florida 33756                                 ---His mind was a terrible thing to waste--