Winches, again

Hello fellow San Juan'rs-

I have tried everyway I know to get hold of the Australian Winch Co, Inc., including several emails, and even phone calls to no avail.  Maybe they have gone on a walk about, who knows.  Either way, I am thinking of replacing my two #16 ARCO winches.  From all the information I have read, I am wondering if I can down size to a smaller, less expensive winch.  I am not a racer, just a daysailor at this point.  What is the opinion of the group?  I was thinking a #10.

Thank you for your advice.

Char