Re: Centerboard

Carey,
  I am pondering a replacement, but I have had to deal with a "stuck" board more than once.  I removed the table over the hollow pedestal, and used a piece of steel rebar, bent to about a 30 degree angle in the middle (to get it past the ceiling) and with a flashlight to place it on top of the centerboard, I popped it with a heavy sledge, and down it went...have someone hold the line if you don't want it to drop too violently...and don't cut the metal cable (yes, like I did)...hope this helps...

j4fwtx1 wrote:

Well, the darn centerboard is stuck up in there !!  I have banged, pried, squirted WD40, spit, danged, darned, cussed !! It wont come out !  What can I do ?  I am sure its rusted in or mutated into a new life form.   Reciprocating saw ?  HELP !! Its on the trailer outside the house........any ideas ? Carey SmithMidland, Tx