Re: take 2 Re: outboard troubleshooting

What was the gun oil for.  Planning to shoot yourself
a Honda?  One more on the water hint---pull the plugs,
and pull the rope a couple times (blow out surplus gas
and stuff) open choke, and let-it air for
awhile---Have a beer/coffee and re-install the extra
plugs you keep aboard, and she will go--if it was
flooded.  Paul
--- Hal Mueller <hal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Armed with some suggestions from here, and a few
> others from web
> searches, I ventured into the backyard tonight.  I
> had a can of
> starting fluid, a full tank of fresh premium
> gasoline, some gun
> cleaning fluid.   Mounted the motor on the trailer
> bunk (makes a
> passable test stand!), hooked up the flushing hose,
> and settled down
> for what I was sure would be a frustrating evening.
>
> But before I start poking around, let me pull it
> through a couple of
> times and flush out anything that's left in there...
>
> And the darn thing started on the second pull.  No
> choke, no starting
> fluid, no gas line hooked up.  I did nothing at all
> to help it.
>
> I stopped, restarted, hooked up gas, disconnected
> gas.  The thing is
> running like a top.  I suppose we just got it
> flooded Saturday and it
> needed time to recover.  It was cool and damp that
> day, hmmm, could
> that have anything to do with it?
>
> One thing I found on some web searches was a few
> people who don't use
> the choke on their Hondas, even when the engine is
> cold, unless it
> doesn't start on the first couple of pulls.  I'm
> going to try that
> for a while and see if it helps.
>
> Thanks all for the suggestions and offers of
> assistance!
>
> Hal
>

> ----
> Hal Mueller
> Seattle, Washington    hal@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Archives:
> http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> mailing list commands:
mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help

=====
Paul Rosebud Halenbeck                                      --30 Turner St suite 908                                    --Clearwater Florida 33756                                 ---His mind was a terrible thing to waste--