Re: SJ23 sail numbers

Bob: I have had no end of fun with my Westerly title
that I bought from a estate with a bill of sale in
Missouri, then first sailed in Minnesota.  It is
likely a 1968 model, and numbers were not required,
per my memory till 1972.  Both Minnesota and Nebraska
are regestration states, not Title states.  I did have
to make up numbers to get insurance.  When I moved to
Florida, they were not real happy at first that all I
had was a Minnesota regrestration, but with going to
the Tax mans 3 times I found a clerk that would
accomidate a compination of My Minnesota regestration
and insuranse numbers, to get a Florida Title.  Of
course Westerlys are made in Jolly old England, but I
have been in every nook of this boat--and now way are
there Hull numbers.   I reccoment that people with pre
1972 Hulls place a Hull number on the rear and try to
hook it up to your regestration--For theft and for the
next owner--and for later Regrestation.  Paul

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/h_design_tips/h09.html

> > --
> > Best Regards
> >
> > Bob Schimmel
> > (Always stay curious)
> >

> ----------
> Jack Chandler
> www.jack-chandler.com
> Richland, Washington USA
>
> Archives:
> http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> mailing list commands:
mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help

=====
Paul Rosebud Halenbeck                                      --30 Turner St suite 908                                    --Clearwater Florida 33756                                 ---His mind was a terrible thing to waste--