recalking toe rails

Well springs on its way here in the Northwest eventhough there hasn't been
much rain and the lakes and snow pack are low. I noticed last summer when I
washed down the decks that Radiant leaked alittle into the cabin and it
appears to be coming from the toe railing. Any words of advice out there on
recalking the toe rails? Whats the prefered sealant? Thanks!.....Tom Dew