PHRF experiences?

Last weekend I committed nautical infidelity--crewed on a C&C 34 in a middle distance race on Puget Sound (the "Possession Point" race, from Shilshole to Whidbey Island and back, 25 nm). What a great day--7 of us to sail the boat, much of the day under spinnaker. I was in the cockpit, and it was a really nice change to just worry about jib and spinnaker trim--no singlehanded sail changes, no navigation, no worries about other boats, just trim my sails.

Anyway, this was the shove I needed to start moving toward entering some of the local races here. The first step is to get a PHRF certificate. Are there any other folks with their SJ23's in PHRF? How do you do? Are there any particular problems with your rating? Any equipment that is over- or under-penalized?

Hal
----
Hal Mueller
Seattle, Washington    hal@xxxxxxxxxx