Winches

I have two #6 Arco winches (halyard) and two #16 Arco winches (jib sheet).  The #6 seem to be in good condition, but one of the #16 needs to be serviced.  I have contacted the Australian company for parts, but they have not gotten back to me.  All of the information I have seems, seems to suggest that I could replace my #16 with two 8's or 10's, I don't even see 16's listed anywhere.  What is the opinion of the list?  I am not a racer, just a cruiser.  Please give me your advice.

Char