Re: Bimini

--- Chuck vanDe Wetering <wwp62@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is a bimini? I am a
> transplanted Yankee living in the northwest and I
> thought it was something like a dodger which we use
> up here in paradise to keep the wind off our pale
> and delicate bodies when we sail in 60 degree
> weather. If it is a dodger, see Bob Schimmel's
> Techtip G04 for some good ideas. Otherwise please
> enlighten me ya'all.
> -
-------This could be a case of the unwise talking to
the wise--like Chuck--but a bimini is a "canvas" roof
over your cockpitt, and under the boom---for
shade--and here it is necessary at 90 and humid.
Summer sailing here can be brutal--Not like No.
Minnesota where I am from where freezing is more of a
problem Is not a dodger a littler thing over the cabin
door that prevents spray and wind?   I typed Bimini
under Lycos search and got results.
phalenbeck@xxxxxxxxx
> Chuck and Barbara Vande Wetering
> PO Box 2205
> Friday Harbor, WA 98250
> wwp62@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 360-378-3194
> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493

=====
Paul Rosebud Halenbeck                                      --30 Turner St suite 908                                    --Clearwater Florida 33756                                 ---His mind was a terrible thing to waste--