Bilge Pump

I'm always worried about something.  This time it's the thru-hull
transducers I just installed.  I cut the mounting holes under the
forepeak berth, where there is plenty of access space and
undisturbed water.  I used a ton of 3M 5200 sealant, but Murphy
demands that the transducers leak anyway.  If there is leakage, it
will no doubt migrate to the low point in the bilge, and I would like
to install an automatic bilge pump there.

Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?  Is there
room beneath the main cabin deck to install a small, automatic
pump?  Where else might one go if it won't fit there?  My crew will
mutiny if I make them pump the bilges manually.