centerboard and cracking

Good to know about the 3/8 inch rod solution. We recommend getting the boat up on jacks in a yard and removing the whole unit as Mick recommended. We discovered out pivot pin had eroded to the diameter of a horseshoe nail. Dave glued a zinc to the forward side of the keel and wired it to the bolt. Lots of corrosion showing and we only keep it in the water a month or so a year.

My first SOS about stress cracks in the hull gelcoat did not have a subject. Jack kindly replied. I'm hoping more of you may have experience with why we got them, mainly under the cabin bulkheads. Also, how to prevent future problems now that we ground them out and put multiple coats of epoxy and finally got the bottom repainted.

Thanks.

Betsy Schultz