Re: knockdown

Heres how you deal with a knock down. release the main sheet and hang on. The boat will come back up, even if you don't manage to release the main sheet immediately. 99percent of the time the boat will deal with it better than you. TOM
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 6:10 PM
Subject: knockdown

To the list
  Has anyone had a knockdown with the SJ23?  What is the recovery
method/proceedure?  Since this boat is new to me I would like to know
anything about knockdowns with this boat.  The last boat I had was supposed
to self recover if the mast went to the waterline. Never tried it but I would
like to be prepared if it ever happens with this SJ23
George Farland
GDFARLAND@xxxxxxxx