Re: anchor lights, was Tech Tips

>Without proper
>lighting--red/green front, and white stearn, plus
>mast--you should not be out there.  Fog and dark
>happen.

and

>More lights give you
>more visibility among the irresponsible boaters we run into
>everywhere,

On first thought, I agree, but... Don't the running lights signal that you
are, well, running? Just as in the rules of the road, where starboard boat
not only has right of way in a crossing situation but the responsibility to
take it, so the other boats will know what he's going to do, are you even
allowed to burn your running lights when anchored?

Bob