Re: source?

Marine plywood glued to correct thickness, with
waterproof glue will work fine.  coat with epoxy for
more life.   I use a system in my 68 westerly that has
treaed 2x4 exopyed to mount the motor in the well.
If you have to be fancy does West maring have a
re-place?  All you really need is the correct
thickness of matine ply glued and cut to fit the
thickness.  the other measurements are a who cares?
--- Donna Z Hensler <dzhc78@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob -
>
> When I bought my SJ23 in Junr 1999, the outboard
> mount was in tough shape
>
> as well.  I just had the yard replace it with a
> piece of teak.  It could
> probably use
> some sanding and Setol, but it's held up well.  My
> buddy has a Catalina
> 22
> and he got a factory replacement of solid white
> plastic, which matches
> his
> hull and is virtually maintenance-free.  See if you
> can get a plastic
> piece that
> can be cut to fit the SJ bracket - clean it with
> soapy water occasionally
> and
> you're done with sanding, stain, etc.
>

> Regards,
> Paul Hensler
> ****************
>
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:17:47 -0400 Bob Spencer
> <bspen@xxxxxxx> writes:
> > The wooden pad on the motor mount of my 1982 SJ23
> is begining to
> > delaminate. Does anyone know where a factory type
> replacement can be
> > obtained?
> >
> > I gather that there are several motor mounting
> methods used on the
> > various
> > SJs, so I've uploaded a picture of mine at:
> >
> > http://members.aye.net/~bspen/Pictures/pad.jpg
> >
> > Not a very clear picture, but maybe it will help.
> >
> > Bob
> > Sail 619
> >

> > Archives:
> http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> > San Juan 23 Internet Fleet:
> > http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493/
> > San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> > http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html
> > mailing list commands:
> > mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help
>
> Archives:
> http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> mailing list commands:
mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help

=====
Paul Rosebud Halenbeck --30 Turner St suite 908 --Clearwater Florida 33756                                               "If you set aside 3 mile island, and Chernubyl nucular power has a good safty record."  Tresuary Seceraty Paul O'Neil  --------------------------------------------------------- "This frightens some people in Washington because they want the federal government controling Social Security, like it is some kind of federal program. " President Bush.