Re: outboard

The half throttle comment was mine, and it only works because the
9.8 and 15 hp engines are the same size and weight.  But I can
feel a huge performance difference between the old Honda 7.5 and
the current Johnson 15.  (I think the Honda could have used a
better prop.)  I don't know what actual difference is  because I
installed the knotmeter after I changed engines.  And I probably
wouldn't believe it anyway, because the uncalibrated meter
sometimes tells me I'm doing six knots idling across the harbor
without a wake.