Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 12:59 PM
Subject: Scheduled Yahoo! GeoCities Downtime

Yahoo! Help
Scheduled Yahoo! GeoCities Downtime
Friday 5/17/02 9PM PST (GMT-7)

Dear Yahoo! GeoCities Member,

GeoCities will be performing scheduled maintenance starting Friday, May 17th, 2002 at 9:00 pm PST (GMT-7). Service will be restored the morning of Sunday, May 19th, 2002.

Please read our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) below for details:

Will my web site be affected?

Free GeoCities members and GeoCities Plus members will experience downtime during the maintenance period. This means that your web site will be inaccessible to visitors during this time. Visitors to your web site will see a temporary page informing them about the downtime and its approximate duration.

Will I be able to make changes to my site during the maintenance period?

No. All site-building tools will be inactive during this time for all GeoCities users.

I have a web site with my own domain. Will this affect me?

No. GeoCities web sites that use a personal domain (www.your-name.com) will not be affected. Web site packages which include domains are GeoCities Pro, Webmaster, and Advantage. You can find out about these services at http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info.

Where can I get up-to-the-minute updates?

During the maintenance period, we will post updates directly on the GeoCities home page to keep you informed on our progress. We appreciate your patience while we move our servers to a new facility.

For information about building your web site on GeoCities, visit our help pages at http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/geo/.

Thank you for using Yahoo! GeoCities,

The GeoCities Team

This message has been sent to you as a one-time service announcement.
There is no need to unsubscribe or respond to this email.

Copyright 2002  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.