Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 3:36 PM
Subject: Your Data Transfer Status

  Domain (www.your-name.com)
  No advertisements, 100MB
  Password protection
  PHP support, raw access logs
  Just $19.95 per month
Learn More!
Your GeoCities Service

Dear GeoCities Member,

Your web site, http://www.geocities.com/vande_w seems to have been receiving a large amount of traffic. Our records indicate that you're using more than the allotted amount of data transfer we provide for a free web site, which is 3 gigabytes per month (measured on an hourly basis). That means that during the past few days we had to temporarily turn your site off to keep the bandwidth within this limit.

What can I do?

Keep in mind that large files such as images and multimedia files can effect your data transfer greatly. A single web page that contains 200,000 bytes of images will only be able to be viewed about 20-25 times an hour. By keeping your file sizes and page sizes as small as possible, you can maximize the amount of page views your site can produce.

You can also upgrade your site to one of our premium web site packages. These packages allow for up to 25 gigabytes of data transfer per month, and also give you the option of purchasing unlimited data transfer so your site will always be accessible. These packages also enable you to run an ad-free site at your own domain name (for example, www.vande_w.com) and get matching email accounts at that domain (like you@xxxxxxxxxxx). Upgrading your current site is simple -- you don't have to move any files and your geocities.com/vande_w address will continue to work.

For more information about our new packages, please visit http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info3

If you'd prefer not to receive this notice in the future, just go to http://geocities.yahoo.com/opt/bwemail to take your name off of the notify list. Of course, our servers will continue to monitor your site's data usage and turn it off if it exceeds the limits.

Thank you for using Yahoo! GeoCities,

The Yahoo! GeoCities Team

Copyright 2002  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.