Re: Mainsail Slider slug placement

"P. Wm. Burke" wrote:

> Dave,
>
>    The mainsail has no grommets along the luff rope. The main is a "Clark".
> An original?
>
> Patrick
> >
> >Patrick,
> >
> >Do you not have grommets along the luff of your sail to attach shackles
> >for a slider system?
> >
> >-- Dave
> >
> >Chuck Vande Wetering wrote:

There are several ways that mainsail slugs can be attached. From my point of
view the best way is to install brass grommets along the luff and use small
stainless clips to attach the slugs.  This allows you to replace a broken or
worn slug.  I'll take a picture of Panache's installation this weekend and add
it to the Tech Tip.

Another method is to sew the slugs to the luff with 1/2" webbing.  This is
easier on the sail but it is also weaker. Replacing a slug requires either a
sail maker or someone with a palm and needle.

--
Kind Regards