Re: Mainsail Slider slug placement

I have a 1980 SJ23 and plan to add slugs to the main. I purchased plastic slugs and plastic shackles from Defender (defender.com), page 276 in their 2002 catalog. You are supposed to be able to attach the shackles to the sail with having to install cringes or grommets. Haven't gotten around to doing the installation yet so I can't say how they will work.

BTW, a friend of mine has a 1982 SJ23 and the sail track in his mast is not the same size as mine. Might be a good idea to measure the diameter of the track before ordering slugs.

Jimmy Harrell
Lake Sinclair, Georgia
jimmy.harrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx