From: Tcherevkoff Studio
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 1:17 PM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Baggy Main

Hi , I own a SJ23 1979 ,(in New-York state )
 I have the original main sail and I think it was not made for performance sailing or racing my new main is so much flatter and faster .
 I have also switched to nylon slugs  on the main , and what a difference !!
 I also use Vaseline  on the track and slugs as lubricant , its water proof cheap and it works , as I aim to the wind  the main falls by itself ..
 I also found that when healing I am restricted by the life lines if I want to sit out so I bent the stanchions post outward , so now I can be "rail bait" and use the tiller extension to stir at the same time .Best Michel Tcherevkoff .