RE: Anyone replaced an internal (wooden) bulkhead?

<x-flowed>IF you have to have it shipped there is an excellent Marine grade Ply and
stock wood out here in the PNW.  The name is Edensaw and they have a web
address: www.edensaw.com.  They have a huge selection of Marine Ply teak and
otherwise.  I buy exclusively through them just because you know what your
going to get and their service is excellent.  (also local to me but they'll
ship anywhere).  I myself have planned to this same project as I have
suffered the same damaging chainplate leaks.  I have bought the edging
already and these are teak rail material precut and 1/2" grooved in radius
form for this specific purpose.  They are about 5-10 bucks depending on the
config and you can get them at westmarine or anywhere boat store wise.  They
add alot of strength to the edge and are very finished looking.
Additionally the source of the water damage can be fixed according to Bob
Schimmel's tech tip but he didn't find a source for it.  I have bought them
with the specfic dimensions for the chain plates from Doc Freeman's marine
supply here inn Seattle.  You won't ever get these to stop leaking for good
without using a cap plate to hold the glue and they look properly finished
when you're done.  Doc freeman's website: www.docfreemans.com