Re: Honda Outboard Vibration

Walter,

Living with that vibration seems unreasonable. Have you varied the angle of the shaft or is your motor mount bracket in the middle of the boat? Mine is over to the starboard side a little and  thus I adjust the shaft so it will drive the boat straight forward. I am wondering if that might eliminate your vibration too.
----- Original Message -----
From: MyOneCent
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: Honda Outboard Shear Pins

Thanks Chuck.

After I wrote to you, I found the more comprehensive archive about the shear pin problem.  I am glad this has worked out for you.

My move to 4 stroke has had another unanticipated down side.  At full throttle, which is slower than a 2 stroke, the engine excites things such as the hatch cover.  Every mass has a natural frequency of vibration at which vibrations are self re-inforcing and stronger than the excitation source.  I now have to batten down the hatches to keep a semblance of peace on board.

Great mileage, relatively quiet, easy start are the pluses.

All the best,

Walter