Re: outboard

At 10:43 AM -0400 4/9/02, Bob Spencer wrote:
How does the wind fit into this situation? If I'm on a lake with no
current, but I need to drive straight into a hard wind using the outboard,
will a bigger motor make that easier to do?

Yes, that's where it's useful. And also with waves/chop, or if you're towing someone. In all of those circumstances, you'll go significantly slower through the water than you would on flat water with no breeze.