Re: Mainsail Slider slug placement

Wes,

Check the BoatUS catalog.  I bought both slugs and shackles from them.
Over the years (and other owners)my boat has collected various
combinations of plastic, nylon and stainless slugs and shackles.  In my
experience the loops in the nylon (I think) slugs failed first.  The
plastic shackles weren't far behind.

When you order make sure the shackle is long enough to reach aft to the
grommets along the bolt rope.  Also make sure the loop on the slug is
wide enough (top to bottom) to accommodate the shackle.  My last order
was for 5/16 plastic slug slides and 7/8 stainless shackles.  They seem
to work OK but are by no means the only choice.

-- Dave G.