Re: Trailers

I have a single axel Calkins trailer with my SJ 23 and it seems to work fine. I've pulled my boat on several trips over 300 hundred miles with no promblems and its easy to pull with my Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. I did have a scare one time when two of us were in the back of the boat on the trailer and it was not hitched to the truck and suddenly tipped back. Fortunately we shifted our weight quickly and avoided going all the way down. I now put a short piece of 2x4 under the back frame of the trailer to keep that from happening again.