Re: Trailers

Fellow Skippers,

To further confuse the issue:  I have a tandem axle trailer for my 23
but that is no guarantee for solving the sway issue.  I bought the boat
with trailer about 2 yrs ago.  I'm still trying to get it set up to tow
properly.  It has a tendency to sway under tow.  I understand this
problem indicates the tongue weight is too low.  I've spent the last two
years readjusting the boat position to solve the problem.  I think I'm
almost there.  I have no idea how the previous owner lived with this.
The point is, 2 axles won't fix everything, get the boat/trailer
combination properly balanced too.

-- Dave Gottschalk