Date: Thursday, January 16, 2003 08:27:28
Subject: SJ 23 events

Ron:

I'd be open to travel to an SJ 23 regatta/cruise - however, my spring budget is already allotted to a Charter in the Virgin Islands...

Do you sail Lake Lanier?

For future reference, the Lake Norman YC (Charlotte) hosts a multiclass keel boat one design 'midwinter' regatta third weekend in March - three boats gets you a start...this year, San Juan 21's, Ultimate 20's, S2 7.9's and Soverel 33's are holding their midwinter championships in conjunction with this event. We also host three super regattas in the year- a Hospice regatta in April, a nice party (with the possibility of sailing ) July 4th, and a good saling event for Labor Day. Three boats will usually get you a start, or there is always PHRF. We have three SJ 23's (at least) on Lake Norman.

Mike R
Statesville, NC

Archives: http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
San Juan 23 Internet Fleet: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493/