Date: Friday, February 28, 2003 17:40:34
Subject: San Juan 23 wiring diagram

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the San Juan 23?
I have a San Juan 23 and I am replacing the Electrical switch panel to
enable me to add more circuits for an extra light and depth sounder.
Nothing fancy. When I started to get into the wiring I found a mess of
splices and wires that went to who knows where. While I don't want to
rewire the entire boat, I would like to clean up all of these stray wires.
All of the wires are red going into the panel. I know that wires going to
different appliances should be color coded, so I'm not sure what's going on
here.
I know all of the positive leads go from the panel to the appliance. Where
and how are the negative wires led to the battery? I assume it's one
common area such as a bus bar.
Thanks,
Jim

Archives: http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/