Re: anyone removed their toe rail?

Hi Mike:

While I haven't removed the toe rail completely, I have removed ALL the screws, one at a time. I've recorded all my stuff in Tech Tip B16 and B26. I have procedures and diagrams there. One thing I learned is that the stern end of the rail is under a lot of strain due to the hull curvature. I doubt it was prebent to shape to the hull. Today I would use Sikka-flex to reseal the deck to the hull. This is a two man job.

--

Kind Regards

SJ23 - http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html

AOSA - http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/