Re: Motor shaft length question

The longer the better, but in general anything over 20" should work (or simply the long shaft motor) Don't settle for anything below it no matter what a good deal..

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 3:14 PM
Subject: Motor shaft length question

Ok,

Here's a fairly stupid question that I couldn't find the answer to on the San Juan website (which is an awesome site BTW - makes me very happy I finally bought a boat the had a production run of more than 5 :)

How long should the shaft on the motor be?  15", 20", 25".    The longer the better when under way by motor, but obviously when out of sailing or at dock, I don't want the thing dragging in the water.

I'd measure the one that came with the boat, but I already pulled it off and gave it to a mechanic who declared it DOA (it had been sitting on the back of the boat in the water for 2 years+).

Steve