Re: Boom Position/kerf questions

Hi Rudy:

You are describing the exact problem I had which prompted me to build my gates.
Your lowest slug should be above the gate. To prevent any of the slugs from falling off the mast, install a light pin across the kerf just above the spread portion on the mast. I suppose you could raise or lower the gooseneck to position the bottom slug, but be wary of too low a boom with respect to head bashing and too high a boom for not being able to hoist the mainsail to the top. You could also move the slug on the mainsail.

--

Kind Regards

SJ23 - http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html

AOSA - http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/