Window sealant

Hey everyone,

I am trying to waterproof (if that is even possible) the window on the boat.  After unscrewing the inside bracket I noticed the space between the metal bracket and the hull was filled with a flexible lightweight off-white material. The sealant looks as if it some sort of foam that hardens into a pliable texture.

Does anyone know the type of sealant?

Also, someone gave me a good tip.  Before you remove the window, mask off the window to the hull.  When you go to install the window again, the masking tape will be positioned correct for a nice clean job.

Paul