reflections

Sailed the SJ 23 the other day -  we had a brief period of 15+ winds -  I sailed under main alone (first time) and I used my newer SJ 21 main -  a great thing by the way - It appears to hold the boom about 8 inches higher -  I can stand under the boom (ok- head bent a little). It also has much more roach than these original looking Boston sails I have with the 23

Here are my impressions -  is this 'normal'? - it had plenty of power - it wanted to round up a lot  no matter how I de-powered he main - it had a very heavy feel to the rudder- much heavier than the 21 - it heeld a bit more than I expeed  - and even with thew centerboard down, it seemd to crab quite a bit.