Re: reflections (Boom Higher)

I have been thinking about adding a Bimini to my SJ23. As part of this addition I was also thinking that it would be nice if the boom were a little higher. Would be interested in other's opinions on how using a shorter sail like the SJ21 sail (described below) would affect the balance, trim, performance, etc., of the boat. I know that those of you up north don't need a Bimini, but here in the South, a Bimini is almost a must for daytime summer sailing.

Jimmy Harrell
Lake Sinclair, GA