Boom adjustment

Title: Message
I studied the tech info and found nothing to answer this question.

My boom is as low as it can go on the base of the mast. In fact it sits right on top of a mast mounted cleat. I noticed also that the main sail is several inches to a foot shy of the top of the mast.

First, it seems to me that it would cause more heel to adjust it to the very top. Will the boat sail faster as it is now? Raising it would give a little more headroom in the cockpit but that hasn't been a real issue so far.

Thanx for any input.

Wes
Owned by "ToniLou" sail #400