San Juan 23 mailing list
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Boom adjustment
Everything in a boat is a trade off, especially the height of the boom. So.
if the boom is lower than spec;
If the boom is higher:
- You will have less head room.
- You, or a tall person, will increase your chances of bonking your head
during an accidental jibe.
- The mainsail may not catch the upper zephyrs during light wind.
- The boat will heel less.
- The boom vang will have less control on the boom.
- Reverse all of the above.
(Always stay curious)
SJ23 - http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html
AOSA - http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/
Date Index |