Re:

 Indeed I do. As  I understand it fore and back stay tension is usually higher than the shrouds, Starting point for tensioning shrouds with 1/8 " is 240, fore and backstay 300.

rob
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 8:28 PM
Subject: Re:

forestay is adjusted by back stay tensioner., in light airs sails, including forestay loose as pressure increases u increase backstay tension to remove the extra draft in jib and point better. my forestay/backstay is usually pretty slack but as wind increases it is harded up  to a point that sometimes excessed shroud tension.
I am assuming u have a back stay tensioner?????????
mike