Re: Master and Commander Film

Actually the film used the old "HMS Rose", but she was extensively rerigged/rebuilt. Two of the riggers from the film sailed with me on Europa last year--that was the film/Europa connection.

The underway long shots were all of the Rose replica (now renamed HMS Surprise, of course). But there were also two sets built on moving platforms. According to Paul and Josh, all 3 were very meticulously period (e.g. not a shackle to be found!). They were most enthusiastic about the film. This might be one that I go stand in line for the 12:01 am Thursday night early show!