Re: another tip

When the rudder blade is fully in, the leading edge of the rudder head and blade should be a straight line. If it isn't, then you will have a heavy helm regardless of all the other tips I gave you yesterday.  If the pintles fit properly into the gudgeons then it could be that either:
  1. the bottom pintle was welded too low on the rudder head resulting that the blade can't swing in fully.
  2. There it too much material on top of the rudder blade, (where you are filing it off now) in which case you are already on the right track.
I hope that description is clear enough.
--

Kind Regards

SJ23 - http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html

AOSA - http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/index.html