From: owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Wesharp3@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 8:49 PM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Spider web cracks in gelcoat on hull

This fall when I hauled my boat and was cleaning off the hull I noticed a
lot of fine spider web like cracks in the gel coat of the forward hull. They
were of a pattern that looked like the hull had been flexing.  The only
thing I could think of was that the hull flexed when pounding the waves and
over time the gell coat cracked (the hull is at least 25 years old).  What
is a good way of fixing this short of grinding off the gel coat and
re-coating with epoxy?