RE: mainsail and all the trimmings

Rob,

I do not think there is any standard on a boat almost 30 years old. Sails are one the best investments on a sailboat.  A nice sail is a pleasure to trim.  Attempting to trim old rag is merely fustrating.  I have made a semi full battened main.  It is a pentax main with a star cut.  The battens are semi-full.  The top batten is full. The bottom betten goes about 0.25 cord length. I don't think a full battened main in necessary until you start getting a lot of roach on the cut.  I don't think the full battened main can be trimmend as well as the semi.  Older dacron mains will be less likely to have leach lines than newer model sails.  Its a little more work to sew but worth having. I belive there is a miniscule amount of extra drag from the seam. The drag is off set bu the ability to tune the leech of the sail.  It also gives the ability to detune the sail.  May you trimmings be happy ,wether it be turkey or dacron.

Bobby.

Shop online for kidsí toys by age group, price range, and toy category at MSN Shopping. No waiting for a clerk to help you! Archives: http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/ San Juan 23 Internet Fleet: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493/ San Juan 23 Tech Tips: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html mailing list commands: mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help