From: owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mayer, Rudy
Sent:
Monday, March 24, 2003 10:27 PM
To: 'sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: battery goes BOOM

Let me clarify one thing, as if it is really a big difference; my battery is strictly a power source for lights, radio, etc.  It is not connected to any charging device, such as an altenator on an outboard.  So, theoretically, the gases released during charging don't exist......unless of course I would be foolish enough to hook a charging device to the battery while it is enclosed in the lazerette.  So that is how my situation must have been "safe" all these years.

But I still don't like the idea of gas fumes and battery in the same bin......I eventually plan to partition them with better ventilation for the gas storage.

Why else would they have designed the boat in this manner?????????????

Rudy

This email has been scanned for all known viruses.