depth meter

My SJ23 does not have a depth indicator or knotmeter or windspeed indicator.  I have a handheld GPS for speed, don't care about the windspeed indicator yet but would like to have a depth indicator since there are some shoals around.
What do you have, where do you locate a transducer?  Anyone use a thru the hull transducer?  My 1986 doesn't have a bilge so I really don't know where to put a transducer.......
Rudy Mayer
s/v Thesaurus

This email has been scanned for all known viruses.