Re: Rudder

Wow, I've sailed in lot stronger winds than that and not experienced a problem like this with the rudder. It has popped off but it never broke.

It may seem academic at this point but I'm suspecting that the blade was loose in the rudder head and the side play eventually scored a line on either side of the blade. Exactly the thing required to snap it, just like glass. A break like this is very difficult to repair. I suppose it can be done. Phone Gene at 800-883-2814. He has new blades @ $225.00.

--

Kind Regards

SJ23 - http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html AOSA - http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/