Keel Blisters

I have a San Juan 23 which I bought new in '86 and have kept at Poulsbo, WA in the water.  Greatest investment  I ever made!  The last few times I have  taken it out to paint the bottom, there have been a few small blisters on the keel, which I have repaired individually.

This summer I am planning to sand the keel down to the gelcoat and put on a new barrier coat.

Anybody had similar problems? Any ideas?