Date: Monday, June 16, 2003 3:19:24 PM
Subject: Pls Use Subject - So we know it's not SPAM

Hi Rob/Linda,

Just a note to remind everyone to please use subject line, to indicate it is SJ23 related.

Due to too many Spam mails with no subject, I routinely delte all such mail.

This one I recognized your names from other related mail...

Thnaks!

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:41 , Mike Foreman <mikefor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

When they say the backstay tension is higher than the shrouds I figure they are refering to boats without a backstay tensioner. as for the shrouds, it is just as important to keep the mast straight and in the centre of the boat. this may sound foolish but if u don't pay attention the mast will turn into a snake.
I think the best was is go sail the boat. if shrouds are too loose on a 20 degree heel, tighten them, backstay tension is fun as it powers up the jib and affects pointing ability.
now that u are right into all this, I am surprised you haven't asked about the rack of the mast??????? which is another hair ball.
later dude