Re: Jib Sheet cleat

Boy did I get that one wrong. I must have halyards on the brain since I have a problem with one right now.

Actually I still use the factory original jam cleats. They seem quick enough to set or release a line which seldom slips with two turns around the cleat. If they do slip, it is more of a problem with worn line than worn cleats. This is quickly solved with a bit a water. I have never had a line jam under the tapered end so I see no sense in changing the system. This way I can still sit on the edge of the cockpit by judiciously parking my butt over the hardware!!

--

Kind Regards

SJ23 - http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html AOSA - http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/